Sunday, February 27, 2011

legacy

today is the second anniversary of my dad's sudden passing.
i am grateful for the relationship that he & i had cultivated over the last decade of his life, and for the many childhood memories of trout fishing at Kibler Valley, along with the occasional camping trip (or renting a cabin) at the same locale.

i am sad that my boys will probably only have hazy memories of him at best...  and that they never got to join him for a fishing trip.
i am sad that he never got to meet his only granddaughter.
mostly i am sad that my children lost the only grandfather who was interested in any kind of relationship with them... but i'll try to share with them things he shared with me.

we love you & miss you, papa.

staking our tent in the backyard





(and yes, the eldest has worn that mario costume pretty much every day since he got it, except for the days i make him let me wash it.)

1 comment:

  1. Aw, Jill. I wish I could have been with you today. I love the title of this post and of course the costume. Hope you found some peace in your father's memory and in creating your own. <3

    ReplyDelete